Connectio's Commitment to the GDPR
Disclaimer: This page is for informational purposes only and cannot be seen as legal advice.
What is the GDPR (and why should I care)?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union.
For that reason, GDPR applies to any organization in the European Union that is processing personal data, as well as any organization that processes the personal data of EU data subjects, regardless of whether the organization has a presence in the European Union or whether the processing is conducted within the European Union.
If you collect, store, manage, or analyze personal data of any type, including email addresses, it is likely that the GDPR affects your organization.
What is Connectio doing to ensure GDPR compliance?
Glad you’ve asked 🙂 There are many changes and steps we’re taking across every part of our company to ensure GDPR compliance.
This includes various new features and tools to help us, you and your email subscribers to facilitate GDPR requests, as well internal changes, policies and contractual changes and updates.
Here’s a condensed version of our GDPR roadmap:
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer – COMPLETE
- Thoroughly research the areas of our product and business impacted by GDPR – COMPLETE
- Make the required changes in our Terms of Service – COMPLETE
- Produce a written Data Processing Agreement for our EU customers – COMPLETE
- Perform the necessary changes/improvements to our product based on the requirements – COMPLETE
- Feature: New export functionality (right to data portability) – COMPLETE
- Feature: Ability to remove contacts from your account (right to be forgotten) –COMPLETE
- Implement the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR – COMPLETE
Last edited: May 25th, 2018
Note: At this point, most of the items are “IN PROGRESS”. Please note that we only mark them complete once they’re 100% complete. Many of the “In Progress” items are almost done, though.
Tips to Prepare for GDPR when using Connectio
There are various things you might need to do depending on your situation and jurisdiction. Below you'll find various tips that may be useful when using Connectio.